FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Monday, May 25, 2009

RAPID RECAP: QUESTIONS TO PONDER (Q2P), FOLLOW BY, ACTION TO TAKE (A2T)


Ask yourself the following questions:

• In what ways am I a business innovator? What expertise have I gained? What tools am I equipped with?

• Do I have access to innovation role models? Are there any innovation mentors in my organisation who will nuture me, and help me to ignite innovation?

• Does my company culture encourage experimentation? If so, how feasible is it for me to get financial support to pursue my ideas? How many levels of bureaucracy would I have to go through?

• Is expertise in innovation a core component of my job description? Does a part of my compensation depend on my innovation performance?

• Do my organisation’s management processes support my efforts as an innovator, or hinder it?

• Can I confidently declare that my organisation has established an all-encompassing, corporatewide innovation system?

If your answer is NO to any of these questions, start doing something about it, and integrate the above steps into a business strategy for continual returns on innovation!

[Excerpted from The Braindancer Series of bookazines by Dilip Mukerjea. All the images in this post are the intellectual property of Dilip Mukerjea.]

No comments: