FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Friday, September 4, 2009

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

I am intrigued by what I have just realised while reading.

The great Chinese philosopher, Confucius (551BC-479BC), made this observation:

"If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one & imitate them, & the bad points of the other & correct them in myself."

Then, in a slight contrast, I read that the brainy Albert Einstein (1879-1959) often used walking as some sort of a relaxation routine, during which he would think about philosophical & sicentific issues.

He often walked with his bosum buddies who were fellow scientists at the Princeton University, & used the opportunity to discuss his favourite stuff.

Einstein said that walking with someone else always shifted his personal creativity into shared creativity, which could foster new ideas.

Wow! I like that.

No wonder, I often find, as concurred with Dilip, my regular 'pow-wows' with Dilip over a cuppa of tea mutually very stimulating & enriching.

Well, come to think of it, Knowledge Shared is Power Squared!

No comments: