FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Thursday, September 2, 2010

MAKING THE BIG MOVE TO HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM


I am now in the deep heat of my relocation logistics to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

That's right... I am moving from the concrete jungle of Singapore to the vast hinterland of Indo-China, so to speak.

From now till the end of this month, I will be very busy... so the posting of my weblog will be somewhat intermittent &/or erratic.

A good friend of mine wrote back when I emailed him regarding my big move:

"... Thats a very interesting thing to do. To pack up and take a different road in Life now is very adventurous. May I ask what made you decide to relocate and what will you be doing there?..."

My decision to move to Vietnam was actually made five years ago, when I married May from Ho Chi Minh City.

Prior to meeting her, I had visited the beautiful country with friends, & I fell in love with it instantly. I was attracted by the slow pace of life, wholesome Vietnamese cooking, & the vibrancy, youthfulness & friendliness of the people.

To cut the story short, Vietnam offers the best option for me to stretch my retirement dollars.

In a nut shell, it will be an exciting phase of my life.

For my wife May, it will be 'Home Sweet Home!'.

For me, I am looking forward to big changes, novel experiences & exciting challenges.

I have actually set up a weblog - 'Bonjour Vietnam, Here I Come!' - to chronicle my relocation journey to Vietnam. I have just got it started... so, please give me some time to get it running smoothly.

Please stay tuned!


[The first photo shows farmers working on a paddyfield in the Mekong Delta.

The last photo shows the famous marketplace known as Ben Thanh Market, located in the perennially busy District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City (to the local folks, it's 'Saigon'), which is also a favourite "must-see" tourist attraction.]

No comments: