FROM DILIP MUKERJEA

"Genius is in-born, may it never be still-born."

"Oysters, irritated by grains of sand, give birth to pearls. Brains, irritated by curiosity, give birth to ideas."

"Brainpower is the bridge to the future; it is what transports you from wishful thinking to willful doing."

"Unless you keep learning & growing, the status quo has no status."

Monday, March 21, 2011

HOW VISIONARIES SEE THE NEXT BIG THING IN THEIR MINDS' EYE

"You always start with a fantasy... Part of the fantasy technique is to visualize something as perfect. Then with experiments you work back from the fantasy to reality, hacking away at the components... I could see what the Polaroid camera should be... It was just as real to me as if it were sitting in front of me before I had ever built one..."

~ attributed to Edwin Land, inventor of the Polaroid camera, as revealed in the new book, 'Ten Steps Ahead: What Separates Successful Business Visionaries From the Rest of Us', by author Erik Calonius, who also revealed the same thing about Steve Jobs, inventor of the MacIntosh computer:

"Yeah, that's exactly the way I saw the Macintosh... It's like when I walk into a room and I want to talk about a product that hasn't been invented yet. I can see the product as if it's sitting there right in the center of the table. It's like what I've got to do is materialize it and bring it to life - harvest it just like Dr. Land said..."

No comments: